This week in....Mark 6

Greetings, Friend! I encounter many believers desiring to study God's word personally yet not knowing what to read or just needing a little help processing how to apply what they are reading to their life practically.  I am offering to be your personal cheerleader and guide.  Remember, the difference between READING God's word and STUDYING God's word is WRITING. Find a place and time to meet God EVERY DAY.  Gather a notebook of your choice, your favorite pen and leave your study bible there.  Then settle in to:

  • Pray - Asking God to teach you.  Confess any sin or spiritual regrets that might hinder your communication with God.
  • Read - Read the passage. Be looking for who is speaking and to whom is being spoken. Keep your eyes open for repeated words.
  • Write - Is there a verse that jumps off the page or even just one you find more meaningful?  Write that verse and any thoughts that come to your mind regarding the passage. Are you thinking of a promise God is making to you? Do you see a practice or life choice you should avoid? Do you see a characteristic you want to have more of in your life? 
  • Consider - These are application questions from my "writing" of the passages.  These are not "right" answers; merely, my thoughts which  I offer them to help you consider how the passage could be applied.
  • Apply - Reading God's word is not merely for knowledge but for life change.  What will you do TODAY in response to one of those thoughts you considered?


Day 1  Read Mark 6:1-6  Consider - Where can I go today to find relief from weariness of the daily routine? How is my life so different as a believer, that someone struggles to understand why I am so different than popular culture?

Day 2  Read Mark 6:7-13 Consider - Who is my companion in ministry? What authority has Jesus given me? Am I working for Jesus' approval or resting in His promised approval? What is the work Jesus wants me to do TODAY?

Day 3  Read Mark 6:14-16 Consider - What is hard to believe about Jesus? How does recognizing Jesus as Messiah change how I live and think today? Who do I know who does not want to see Jesus?

Day 4  Read Mark 6:17-24 Consider - How is my desire to please conflicting with my faith?  Who am I desiring to please or impress or be accepted by MORE THAN Jesus? To whom can I speak truth into regardless of their response?  Where am I at risk of overpromising?

Comments

Popular Posts