Giving Up

"For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only Son...." - John 3:16, ESV

A young, single friend felt called to foster a child; however, the child quickly became children as the child who needed a home also had a sibling.  Instantly, she became a caregiver of two children.  After the birth of my second child I was informed parenting begins when there are TWO kids in a house.  My friend weathered the shocking transition and triumphed.  It has been amazing in the past months to watch her two foster children develop and thrive and today,

SHE GIVES THEM UP.

I do not know or understand state and federal law, but on paper the State is moving these children from a stable to an unstable situation albeit with shared DNA.

So many in my community are boldly answering the call to foster and even adopt, but the journey is not easy.  My heart breaks for my friend and all foster parents who must release their charges to a seemingly challenging future.  And then in the early hours of this morning a familiar verse bubbles up....For God so loved the world that He GAVE.

My Heavenly Father knows what my friend is going through at this moment.  He gave His Son from the glorious perfection of Heaven to a sin-filled world where He would NOT be properly cared for.  God gave knowing His Son would be rejected even to the point of death on a cross.  Scripture describes that God was grieved when Jesus suffered.

I am reminded that God knows the pain of whatever we must give up.

I looked Death in the face when our 2nd child was born.  And though my heart was in ANGUISH, I knew my son would soon be in the arms of his Creator and Eternal Father, that we would get through his loss, and we would see him again.  What my Friend endures today feels like it might be worse than the anguish I experienced.  I have not walked in her shoes

but Almighty GOD has.

What have you had to give up?

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 
who comforts us in all our affliction" - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, ESV


May you be comforted today by God's word, God's presence and God's people.

Blessings,
Nancy

Comments

Popular Posts